You can create vouchers to record purchases from unregistered dealers (URD). Create journal vouchers to record the tax liability on purchases from URDs.
To record a purchase transaction from unregistered dealers
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase.
2. Click F12: Configure and set the option Allow modification of Tax Details for VAT? to Yes.
3. Enter the Supplier Invoice No. and Date.
4. Select the supplier ledger in field Party’s A/c Name.
5. Select a common purchase ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable? is set to Applicable, and Set/Alter VAT Details? is not enabled.
6. Select Purchase From Unregistered Dealer as nature of transaction in the VAT Classifications Details screen, and press Enter.
7. Select the required stock items whose VAT rates are specified either at the stock group or at the stock item level. Enter the Quantity and Rate.
8. Enter Narration, if required.
The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
9. Press Enter to save.
'Purchase from Unregistered Dealer (Madhya Pradesh)' has been shared with