While an Employee Group is available by default, an Employee Category provides an additional level of employee classification. An employee category can be used to track the salaries paid to employees working in specific projects or locations such as Head Office and Regional Offices.
Note: The Employee Categories option is available only if the option Maintain more than one payroll or cost category is enabled in F11: Accounting features.
To create a single employee category
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Payroll Info. > Employee Categories > Create (under Single Category).
2. Specify the name of the category to be added, in the Name field.
3. Set the option Allocate Revenue Items to Yes to allocate revenue related transaction values for employees created under this category.
4. Set the option Allocate Non-Revenue Items option to Yes to allocate non-revenue related transaction values for employees created under this category.
5. Press Enter to save the employee category.
1. Press F12 to add/remove options in the Employees Category Creation screen.
2. Set the option Allow ALIASES along with the Names to Yes to add the alias names.
3. Set the option Allow Language ALIASES along with Names to Yes to add the names in other languages as selected (only while using Multilingual feature).
4. Set the option Allow ADVANCED entries in Masters to No to hide the options Allocate Revenue Items and Non Revenue Items in the Employee Category Creation screen.
5. Press Ctrl+A to accept the changes.
To create multiple Employee Categories
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Payroll Info. > Employees Categories > Create (under Multiple Categories).
2. Enter the employee category name in the Name of Category field.
3. Enable the options Allocations for Revenue Items and Non-Revenue Items, if required.
The completed Multi Employee Category Creation screen appears as shown below:
4. Press Enter to save.
'Creating Employee Categories (Payroll)' has been shared with