Stock items purchased in the course of import can be recorded with multiple VAT rates, as applicable.
To record transaction of purchase in the course of import
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchases.
2. Enter Supplier Invoice No. and Date.
3. Select the party ledger in Party's A/c Name option.
4. Select a common purchase ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable is set to Applicable, and Set/Alter VAT Details is disabled.
5. Select Purchase High Seas in the Classification / Nature.
6. Select the required stock items. Enter Quantity and Rate for each stock item.
7. Enter the Rate of Exchange and press Enter.
The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
8. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Purchase in the Course of Import (Haryana)' has been shared with