When you have already made service tax payment to the department but could not render the service later, then you can adjust the amount using the Tax Paid but service not rendered Rule 6(3) Adjustment flag in journal voucher.
To create journal voucher for adjustment of tax paid but service not rendered
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F7: Journal.
2. Click J: Stat Adjustment to enable required options in Stat Payment Details screen. In the Stat Adjustment Details screen,
o Click F12: Configure and set the option Allow All Adjustment Types to Yes.
o Select the option Service Tax in the field Type of duty/tax.
o Select the option Tax Paid but service not rendered Rule 6(3) Adjustment in the Nature of adjustment field.
o Press Enter to save, and return to voucher screen.
3. Debit the tax ledger (service tax, Swachh Bharat cess and Krishi Kalyan cess ledgers).
4. Enter the amount in Debit column.
5. Credit the tax ledger (service tax, Swachh Bharat cess and Krishi Kalyan cess ledgers).
6. Enter the amount in Credit column.
7. Set the option Source Document Details to Yes.
8. Enter the source document number and date in the Source Document Details screen.
9. Press Enter to save.
10. Press Ctrl+A to accept.
'Recording Adjustment Towards Tax Paid but Service not Rendered' has been shared with