Orders can be pre-closed in a sales invoice, partially or completely.
ABC Company received an order on 6-9-2009 for 8 nos of colour Monitor 17" at Rs. 17,500 each. On 7-9-2009, 3 nos were cancelled from the order.
Go to Gateway of Tally > Inventory Vouchers > F5: Sales Order to create a sales order. The completed Inventory Voucher creation appears as shown:
To pre-close orders in the sales invoice
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Inventory Vouchers > F8: Sales.
2. Click F12: Configure.
3. Set the option Use Pre-Closure order details to Yes.
4. Select Party A/c Name from the List of Ledger Accounts.
5. Select Order No(s) from the List of Orders, if a sales order exists for the customer.
The Party Details screen appears as shown below:
6. Select the stock item. The Stock Item Allocations screen appears.
7. Select the Tracking Number. The stock item, quantity and rate will appear automatically as the sales order number is selected.
8. Select the Godown.
9. Enter the Quantity delivered and the Pre-Close Quantity.
Note: If delivery note is tracked to the sales invoice, the Pre-Close Quantity column will be skipped.
10. Press Enter.
11. Enter the Reason for Pre-Close.
The Stock Item Allocations screen appears as shown below:
12. Press Enter.
13. Enter Narration, if required.nnn
The Inventory Voucher Creation screen appears as shown below:
14. Press Enter to save the transaction.
Note: The partial quantity of orders placed can be closed by entering the pre-close quantity in Item Allocation screen of Purchase invoice in creation mode.
'Pre-close Orders in Sales Invoice' has been shared with