You can record a sales transaction with additional ledgers to record the expenses incurred while making sales.
To record sales transaction with additional ledger
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales > Tax Invoice.
2. Select the party ledger in Party's A/c Name option.
3. Enter Party Details, as required.
4. Select Name of Item from the List of Stock Items.
5. Select a common Sales Ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable? is set to Applicable, and Set/Alter VAT Details? is disabled.
6. Enter the Quantity and Rate. The amount appears automatically.
7. Enter the percentage or amount of discount.
To enable the configuration for discount
1. Click F12: Configure.
2. Click F12: Advanced.
3. Set the option Activate cash/trade discount? to Yes.
4. Press Ctrl+A to accept the Voucher Configuration.
5. Press Ctrl+A to return to the Accounting Voucher Creation screen.
8. Select the discount ledger and enter the amount.
In the discount ledger grouped under Indirect Expenses, set the option:
● Type of Ledger? to Discount
● Is VAT/CST Applicable? to Not Applicable
● Set/Alter VAT Details? to No
● Include in assessable value calculation? to VAT
● Method of Calculation to Based on Value
9. Select the VAT and surcharge ledgers.
10. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes or No, as required. The sales invoice appears as shown below:
11. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Sales with Additional Expenses (Punjab)' has been shared with