The User Defined pay process is used for capturing the values for User Defined Pay Heads before processing the actual salary.
To process User Defined pay heads
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Payroll Vouchers > Ctrl + F4: Payroll.
2. Press F2 to change the Voucher Date.
3. Click A: Payroll Auto Fill.
4. Select the User defined in Process for field.
5. Enter the From and To date.
6. Select the appropriate Employee Category.
7. Select the Employee/Group from the List of Employees/Group.
8. Select the appropriate Payroll Ledger from the List of Ledger Accounts.
9. Set Use Mode of Payment/Transaction Type to Yes. This will open a new option called Mode of Payment/Transaction Type. Setting this option to Yes will allow user to filter employees based on Banking details defined in employee's master.
● Select the appropriate Use Mode of Payment/Transaction Type
10. Set the option Set Employee-wise Bank Allocations to Yes.
11. Enter the User Defined Pay Head Values, e.g. Variable Pay, Salary Advance Deductions if any.
12. Enter the required narrations, if any. The payroll voucher shows the pay period by default in the Narration field.
13. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Salary Payments Using User Defined Pay Heads (Payroll)' has been shared with