You can add and modify the path where the language files, data files and other configuration files can be saved.
To change the data configurations
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > F12: Configure > Data Configuration.
2. Specify the Location of data files where you want your company data to be saved. By default the location is set to C:\Users\Public\Tally.ERP9\Data.
3. Specify the Location of export files where you want to save the exported files. By default the location is set to C:\Program Files\Tally.ERP9.
4. Disable the option Load companies on startup? if you do not want to load the companies on starting Tally.ERP 9. By default this option is set to Yes.
5. Specify the list of companies that should be loaded on starting Tally.ERP 9 in the field Select companies to preload on startup.
6. Specify the Location of language files where you want the language files to be saved. By default the location is set to C:\Program Files\Tally.ERP9\Lang.
7. Specify the Location of configuration file where you want to configuration files to be saved. By default the location is set to C:\Program Files\Tally.ERP9. The Data Configuration screen appears as shown below:
8. Press Ctrl+A to accept.
To access data from Tally.Server 9
1. Click S: Server Data Loc in the Data Configuration screen. The List of Tally.Server Data Locations list appears as shown below:
2. Select the required location.
3. Press Ctrl+A to accept.
Note: When multiple locations are specified in the Location of data files, add # before the location to comment the path. Tally.ERP 9 considers the file without the #.
'Data Configuration' has been shared with