You can record a debit note to capture purchase return of taxable goods. A debit note is a commercial document sent to the seller by a buyer, requesting for credit note, or to adjust for amounts pending with the seller.
To record a debit note for purchase return of taxable goods
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > Ctrl+F9.
2. Enter the Original Invoice No. and Date.
3. Select the required Party’s A/c Name from the List of Ledger Accounts.
4. Enter the required details in Party Details screen.
5. Select the common purchase ledger.
To create a common purchase ledger
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounts Info. > Ledgers > Create.
2. Enter Name of the purchase ledger.
3. Set Is VAT/CST Applicable? to Applicable.
4. Ensure that Set/Alter VAT Details? is set to No.
6. Select the required taxable stock items.
7. Enter the returned Quantity and Rate. The amount is automatically displayed in the Amount field.
8. Select the required common VAT ledger.
The ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the options:
● Type of duty/tax is set to VAT.
● Percentage of Calculation (eg 5)? is set to 0.
9. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes.
o Enter the Date of returns.
o Press Enter to save, and return to debit note.
The debit note appears as shown below:
10. Press Enter to save.
'Purchase Returns (Tamil Nadu)' has been shared with