You can create user defined VAT classifications in Tally.ERP 9.
To create a user defined classification
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounts Info. > Statutory Info. > VAT Classifications > Create.
2. Click F12: Configure. In the Configuration screen,
● Set the options,
o Enable nature of transaction? to Yes
o Set type of goods? to Yes
o Provide Trade Name? to Yes
o Provide commodity details? to Yes
● Press Ctrl+A to accept.
3. Enter the Name of the new classification.
4. Enter the applicability dates with the corresponding tax rates in Applicable From, Trade Name, and Tax Rate columns, respectively.
Note: Click L: Details to view the VAT Rate Details screen, and to specify different VAT rates with separate Applicable From dates.
5. Select the required Nature of Transaction.
6. Select the Type of goods.
7. Enter the date in Applicable From field.
8. Press Ctrl+C to select the Trade name.
9. Select the Commodity name.
10. Enter the Commodity Code.
11. Select the tax Schedule and enter the Tax rate. The Stat Classification Creation screen appears as shown below:
12. Press Enter to save.
'Creating VAT Classifications (Punjab)' has been shared with