You can record sales returns (both local and interstate) against an earlier sales transaction using a credit note.
Your sales returns will be captured in table 8 (Credit/Debit Notes) in GSTR-1.
To record sales return using a credit note
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > Ctrl+F8.
2. In Original invoice no., enter the invoice number of the original sales transaction against which you are recording the current sales return.
3. In Party’s A/c Name, select the party against which the original sales was made.
4. Select the central tax and state tax ledgers.
5. Provide GST details: Enable this option if you want to enter additional details about the purchase return.
o 01-Sales Return - When there is a return of goods or services after sales.
o 02-Post sale discount - When discount is allowed on goods or services after sales.
o 03-Deficiency in service - When there is a deficiency in services (like a quality issue) after sales.
o 04-Correction in invoice - When there is a change in the invoice raised that leads to change in tax amount.
o 05-Change in POS - When there is a change in place of supply that leads to change in tax amount.
o 06-Finalization of Provisional assessment - When there is a change in price or rate after the department issues a notification about the finalized price of the goods or services.
o 07-Others - Any other nature of return.
Similarly, you can record sales returns against an interstate sales transaction by selecting the relevant party, sales ledger, and integrated tax ledger.
'Recording Sales Returns under GST' has been shared with