Purchase of capital goods are recorded as fixed assets and is taxable.
To record purchase of capital goods
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchases.
2. Press Ctrl+V to switch to voucher mode.
3. Click F12: Configure.
● Click F12: Advanced
● Set the option Allow expenses/fixed assets in purchase vouchers? to Yes.
● Press Ctrl+A to save the configuration screen.
4. Enter Supplier Invoice No. and Date.
5. Credit the party ledger and enter the amount.
6. Debit the fixed assets ledger (grouped under Fixed Assets and with Purchase Taxable - Capital Goods selected as nature of transaction) and enter the assessable value.
7. Debit the VAT ledger.
Note: If VAT ledger is debited, the VAT Details screen appears for providing VAT Rate and Assessable Value.
8. Set the option Provide VAT Details to Yes to open Statutory Details screen.
● Enter the Supplier inv.no and Date.
● Press Enter to save.
The purchase voucher appears as shown below:
9. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Purchase of Capital Goods (Assam)' has been shared with