You can account for tax on purchases from unregistered dealers by creating a journal voucher.
To create tax liability on purchase from unregistered dealer
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F7: Journal.
2. Click J: Stat Adjustment. In the Stat Adjustment Details screen,
o Select the option VAT in the Type of Duty/Tax field.
o Select the option Tax on URD Purchase in the Nature of adjustment field.
o Press Enter to return to voucher.
3. Debit a ledger created under the group Current Assets and enter the value in the amount field.
4. Credit the tax ledger, and enter the Rate, Addl. Rate, Assessable Value, Commodity name, and Commodity Code in the VAT Details screen.
5. Credit additional tax ledger, and enter the Rate, Addl. Rate, Assessable Value, Commodity name, and Commodity Code in the VAT Details screen.
The journal voucher appears as shown below:
6. Press Enter to save.
'Tax on Purchase from Unregistered Dealers (Gujarat)' has been shared with