A debit note is created to against the original invoice to record the purchase returns
To create a debit note for taxable goods whose VAT rate is specified in Company VAT Details screen of F3: Statutory & Taxation features
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > Crl+F9: Debit Note.
2. Enter the Original Invoice No. and Date of the purchase invoice against which the debit note is recorded.
3. Select the required party name from the List of Ledger Accounts.
4. Enter the required details in Party Details screen.
5. Select the common purchase ledger.
To create a common purchase ledger
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Info. > Ledgers > Create.
2. Enter Name of the purchase ledger.
3. Set Is VAT/CST Applicable? to Applicable.
4. Ensure that Set/Alter VAT Details? is set to No.
6. Select the required taxable stock items.
7. Enter the Quantity and Rate. The amount is automatically displayed in the Amount field.
8. Select the required common VAT ledger.
Ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the options:
● Type of Duty/Tax is set to VAT.
● Percentage of Calculation is set to 0.
9. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes.
10. Select the Nature of Return as:
o Not Applicable to account for purchase returns
o De-Escalation in Price to account of price difference.
The debit note appears as shown below:
11. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Purchase Returns (West Bengal)' has been shared with