All services that are exported, are exempt from service tax. This is to make the export of services competitive in the international market.
For example, on 27-4-2015, D-Day Events rendered event management services worth ₹ 2,00,000 to Cosmic Rays Inc. located in Thailand.
To record an export transaction
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Voucher > F8: Sales > Accounting Invoice.
2. Select Cosmic Rays Inc. in the field Party's A/c Name.
3. Select the sales ledger under Particulars.
4. Enter 2,00,000 in the field Amount.
5. Press Enter to save.
6. Enter Narration, if required.
The sales invoice appears as shown below:
7. Press Enter to accept.
'Recording Exports Transaction (Service Tax)' has been shared with