In VAT Act, under Part II of Second Schedule, the goods exempted from payment of VAT are listed.
● Cut flowers and flower buds, fresh.
● Tomatoes, fresh or chilled.
● Potato, other than potato seed, fresh or chilled.
● Mushroom, Sweet Corn, etc.
To create the sales voucher for exempt sales
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales.
2. Enter the reference number in Ref field, if required.
3. Select the customer ledger in Party’s A/c Name from the List of Ledger Accounts.
4. Press Ctrl+A to save.
5. Select the sales ledger with Sales Exempt as Nature of transaction.
6. Select the stock item. Enter the Quantity and Rate. The amount is calculated automatically.
The sales invoice for exempt sales appears as shown below:
7. Press Enter to save.
'Sales Exempt (Kenya)' has been shared with