When doing sales returns, you can create credit notes for taxable goods against the original invoice.
To create a credit note for taxable goods
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > Crl+F8: Credit Note.
2. Enter the Original Invoice No. of sales invoice against which credit note is recorded.
3. Select the required Party’s A/c Name from the List of Ledger Accounts.
4. Enter the required details in Party Details screen.
5. Select the common sales ledger.
6. Select the required taxable stock item.
7. Enter the Quantity and Rate.
8. Select the common VAT ledger.
Ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the options:
o Type of duty/tax is set to VAT.
o Percentage of Calculation is set to zero.
9. Set the option Provide VAT Details to Yes.
10. Enter the sales details and select the Nature of Return as Not Applicable to account for sales returns as shown below:
If the credit note is being recorded for any other purpose, select the relevant Nature of Return.
11. Select the required Nature of Return, and press Enter. The credit note appears as shown below:
12. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Sales Returns (Chandigarh)' has been shared with