When additional expenses such as packing charges or installation charges are incurred in sales or purchase , the same can be accounted in the respective vouchers by selecting the additional expenses ledger.
To record sales with additional ledgers
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales.
2. Enter Ref. number, if required.
3. Select the customer ledger in Party's A/c Name option.
4. Select a common sales ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable? is set to Applicable, and Set/Alter VAT Details? is disabled.
6. Select the expense ledger in which the option Include in assessable value calculation for is set as VAT and enter the value.
7. Select the common VAT ledger.
8. Click A: Tax Analysis to display the Tax Analysis screen.
o Click F1: Detailed to view the names of stock items. The Tax Analysis screen appears as shown below:
o Press Esc to return to invoice.
The sales invoice appears as shown below:
9. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Sales with Additional Expenses (Puducherry)' has been shared with