In Tally.ERP 9, you can record a sales voucher to account for a works contract transaction.
To record a works contract transaction
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales.
2. Select the party ledger in Party's A/c Name field.
3. Select the sales ledger with Sales - Works Contract as the Classification / Nature.
Note: If common ledger is being used, click F12: Configure in the invoice and set the option Allow Modification of Tax Details for VAT? to Yes. Select Sales - Works Contract in the VAT Classification Details screen displayed on selecting the common sales ledger.
4. Select the stock item and enter the Quantity and Rate.
5. Enter the percentage or amount of deduction. The Works Contract Details screen appears as shown below:
6. Select the VAT ledger.
7. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes to view the Statutory Details screen.
In the Statutory Details screen,
o Set the option Is Sub Contractor to Yes or No, as required.
Note: Based on setting the option Is Sub Contractor to Yes/No, the relevant options are displayed for providing the works contract details.
o Enter the relevant details. The Statutory Details screen appears as shown below:
o Press Enter to save and return to sales invoice.
8. Click A: Tax Analysis to display the Tax Analysis screen.
o Click F1: Detailed to view the stock items. The Tax Analysis screen appears as shown below:
o Press Esc to return to the sales invoice.
The sales invoice appears as shown below:
9. Press Enter to save.
'Sales - Works Contract (Rajasthan)' has been shared with