Excise manufacturers have to maintain excise tax units as per the CENVAT rules, and stock moving in and out of the stock unit has to be taxed. Tally.ERP 9 allows you to create tax units and same can be linked to godowns and excise units.
In order to create tax units, you need to enable the option Maintain multiple godowns? in F11: Features > Inventory Features and enable the option Enable excise? in F11: Features > Statutory Features.
To create a tax unit
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounts Info. > Statutory Info.> Tax Unit > Create.
2. Enter Tax Unit Name.
3. Enter the Address, State, Pin Code, and Telephone.
4. Select Excise in the field Registered for.
5. Enable the option Set/Alter Excise details.
Press backspace to change the tax Unit Name, if required.
1. Select the Registration Type.
2. Select Manufacturer as the Type of Registration.
3. Select the Type of Manufacturer, as required.
4. Enter ECC No.
ECC number is PAN based, and has 15 digits. The format of ECC no. is ABCDE1234HXM001
5. Enable the option Set/alter excise tariff details to Yes, to enter tariff details at the tax unit level.
In the Excise details screen,
1. Enter Tariff Name.
2.Enter HSN Code.
3. Select the unit of measure from the List of reporting UOMs.
4. Ad Valorem is selected as the Type of Valuation. The cursor skips this field.
To modify the type of valuation
1. Click F12: Configure.
2. Enable the option Allow Modification of Valuation Type.
3. Press Ctrl+A to save the configuration.
4. Select the required Valuation type in the Excise Details screen.
5. Enter the Rate of duty.
6. Press Enter.
The completed Excise Details screen appears as shown below:
6. Press Enter.
The completed Tax Unit Creation screen appears as shown below:
7. Press Enter to save.
'Creating Tax Units (Excise for Manufacturer)' has been shared with