You can record a purchase transaction with additional ledgers to record the expenses incurred during purchase.
To record purchase transaction with additional expenses
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase.
2. Enter Supplier Invoice No. and Date in the purchase invoice.
3. Select the party ledger in Party's A/c Name option.
4. Enter Party Details, as required.
5. Select Purchase Ledger from the List of Ledger Accounts.
6. Select the Name of Item from the List of Stock Items.
7. Enter the Quantity and Rate.
8. Select the freight ledger, and enter the amount.
In the freight ledger grouped under Direct Expenses, set the option:
● Type of Ledger? to Freight.
● Is VAT/CST Applicable? to Not Applicable.
● Set/Alter VAT Details? to No.
● Include in assessable value calculation? to Not Applicable.
9. Select the VAT and surcharge ledgers.
10. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes or No, as required. The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
11. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Purchase with Additional Ledgers (Punjab)' has been shared with