In Tally.ERP 9, you can record a purchase voucher to account for the local purchase of items attracting multiple VAT rates.
To record transaction of local purchase for items attracting multiple VAT rates
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase.
2. Enter Supplier Invoice No. and Date.
3. Select the party ledger in the field Party's A/c Name.
4. Select a common purchase ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable? is set to Applicable, and the option Set/Alter VAT Details? is not enabled.
6. Select the common VAT ledger.
The ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the options:
● Type of duty/tax is set to VAT.
● Percentage of Calculation (eg 5)? is set to 0.
7. Click A: Tax Analysis to view the Tax Analysis screen.
o Click F1: Detailed to view in detailed mode. The Tax Analysis screen appears as shown below:
o Press Esc to return to purchase invoice.
The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
8. Enter Narration, if required.
9. Press Enter to save.
'Taxable Purchases (Maharashtra)' has been shared with