Statutory masters and reports specific to Puducherry are activated on enabling Value Added Tax (VAT).
To enable VAT
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > F11: Features > Statutory & Taxation. The Company Operations Alteration screen appears as shown below:
2. Set the option Enable Value Added Tax (VAT)? to Yes.
3. Enable the option Set/alter VAT details? to open Company VAT Details screen as shown below:
4. Click F12: Configure in Company VAT Details screen to view the Configuration screen.
o Enable the option Show date from which VAT is applicable? to enter the date from when VAT is applicable.
o Enable the option Show additional details? to provide additional information.
To provide additional details in the VAT Details screen
1. Click F12: Configure.
o Enable the option Show VAT applicable from? to enter the date from when VAT registration is applicable.
o Enable the option Show additional details? to provide additional information details.
2. Under the Additional Information section:
o Enter the Assessing authority address.
o Enter the name of the Authorised Person.
o Enter the respective name in S/o, D/o, W/o field.
o Enter the Status/Designation of the authorised person.
o Enter the Place of the business.
The Company VAT Details screen with additional details appears as shown below:
3. Press Enter to save.
5. Enter the following details in the Company VAT Details screen:
o Select the state as Puducherry from the List of States (if the state is not selected in the Company Creation screen).
o Enter the 11 digit TIN allotted by the VAT department.
o Enter the Inter-state Sales Tax Number, if required.
o Enable Set/alter tax/rate details? to view the Tax/Rate Details screen. A single VAT rate for all stock items in a company can be defined in this screen.
To provide additional tax/rate details
1. Enable Set/alter tax/rate details.
2. Click F12: Configure to view the Configuration screen.
3. Set the following options to Yes, if required.
o Set CST rate?
o Set type of goods?
o Provide nature of goods?
o Provide commodity details?
4. Enter the required CST Rate, VAT Rate, and Other Info.
5. Press L: Details to specify different VAT rates with separate Applicable From dates.
To specify different VAT rates with separate Applicable From dates
1. Click L: Details.
2. Enter Applicable From date.
3. Enter Commodity Name and Commodity Code.
4. Select Type of Goods.
5. Select Nature of Goods.
6. Enter Tax Rate. Press enter without specifying the rate to select Exempt or TaxFree in the Taxability column.
The VAT Rate Details screen appears as shown below:
7. Press Ctrl+A to accept.
The Tax/Rate Details screen appears as shown below:
6. Press Ctrl+A to save.
o Enable the option Define VAT commodity and tax details as masters? if separate VAT classifications have to be created for each tax rate. These classifications can be applied to ledgers, stock items or stock groups.
6. Press Ctrl+A to save the Company VAT Details screen.
'Enabling VAT (Puducherry)' has been shared with