In Tally.ERP 9, you can record a sales voucher to account for a works contract transaction.
To record a works contract transaction
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales
2. Select the Party's A/c Name.
3. Select the Sales Ledger with Sales - Works Contract as the Nature of transaction.
Note: If common ledger is being used, click F12: Configure in the invoice and set the option Allow Modification of Tax Details for VAT to Yes. Select Sales - Works Contract in the VAT Classification Details screen displayed on selecting the common sales ledger.
4. Select the stock item, enter the Quantity and Rate. Amount appears automatically.
5. In the Deduction Claimed for Tax Calculation screen, enter the percentage or amount of deduction.
6. Select the VAT and additional tax ledgers.
7. Click A: Tax Analysis button to display the Tax Analysis screen.
o Click F1: Detailed button to view the names of stock items. The Tax Analysis screen appears as shown below:
o Press Esc to return to invoice screen.
The sales invoice appears as shown below:
8. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Sales - Works Contract (Uttar Pradesh)' has been shared with