You can record a purchase transaction made from an unregistered dealer with the applicable VAT and nature of transaction.
To record a purchase transaction from unregistered dealers
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase.
2. Click F12: Configure and set the option Allow modification of Tax Details for VAT? to Yes.
3. Enter the Supplier Invoice No. and Date.
4. Select the supplier ledger in field Party’s A/c Name.
5. Select a common purchase ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable? is set to Applicable, and Set/Alter VAT Details? is not enabled.
6. Select Purchase From Unregistered Dealer as nature of transaction in the VAT Classifications Details screen, and press Enter.
The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
8. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Purchase from Unregistered Dealer (Delhi)' has been shared with