With Tally.ERP 9, you can record sales that are taxable. Local sales of stock items with multiple VAT rates can be done by selecting a common sales ledger where VAT is set to Applicable.
To record local sales of items attracting multiple VAT rates
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales.
2. Enter Ref number, if required.
3. Select the party ledger in Party's A/c Name option.
4. Select a common sales ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable is set to Applicable, and Set/Alter VAT Details is disabled.
6. Select the common VAT ledger.
Ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the options:
o Type of Duty/Tax is set to VAT.
o Use for Purchase Tax is disabled.
o Percentage of Calculation is set to ‘0’.
7. Click A: Tax Analysis button to display the Tax Analysis screen.
8. Click F1: Detailed button to view the names of stock items. The Tax Analysis screen appears as shown below:
9. Press Esc to return to tax invoice
The tax invoice appears as shown below:
10. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Taxable Sales (Telangana)' has been shared with