You can records sales transactions attracting multiple VAT rates in Tally.ERP 9.
To record transaction of local sales for items attracting multiple VAT rates
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales.
2. Enter Ref. number, if required.
3. Select the party ledger in Party's A/c Name field.
4. Select a common sales ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable? is set to Applicable, and Set/Alter VAT Details? is disabled.
6. Select the common VAT ledger.
The ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the options:
o Type of duty/tax is set to VAT.
o Percentage of Calculation (eg 5)? is set to 0.
7. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes to view the Statutory Details screen.
In the Statutory Details screen,
o Select the Point of Sale as shown below:
o Press Enter to save, and return to sales invoice.
8. Click A: Tax Analysis to view the Tax Analysis screen.
o Click F1: Detailed to view the stock items. The Tax Analysis screen appears as shown below:
Note: The tax for each item is calculated based on rate specified in the stock item master by selecting On Quantity in the Calculation Type.
o Press Esc to return to sales invoice.
The sales invoice appears as shown below:
9. Press Enter to save.
'Taxable Sales (Rajasthan)' has been shared with