When you want to maintain a separate account for service tax collected without the education cess and secondary education cess, you can create a ledger for service tax.
To create a service tax ledger
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounts Info. > Ledgers > Create.
2. Enter the ledger Name.
3. Select Duties & Taxes as the group name in the field Under.
4. Select Service Tax as the Type of duty/tax.
5. Select Service Tax as the Tax head.
6. Define the Rounding method and select Statutory Information, as required.
The Ledger Creation screen appears as shown below:
7. Press Enter to save.
'Creating Service Tax Ledger' has been shared with