You can record purchases made at a lower rate with the applicable VAT rate for Haryana.
To record local purchases at lower rates
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchases.
2. Enter Supplier Invoice No. and Date.
3. Select the party ledger in Party's A/c Name option.
4. Select a common purchase ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable is set to Applicable, and Set/Alter VAT Details is disabled.
5. Select Purchase Taxable as the Classification / Nature.
6. Select the required stock items whose lower rates are specified either at the stock group or stock item level and whose Nature of Goods is specified as Lower Rate. Enter Quantity and Rate for each stock item.
7. Select the common VAT ledger.
The ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the options:
o Type of Duty/Tax is set to VAT.
o Use for Purchase Tax is disabled.
o Percentage of Calculation is set to ‘0’.
8. Select the surcharge ledger.
The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
9. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Purchases at Lower Rates (Haryana)' has been shared with