To capture increase in input tax, you can create a journal voucher for Increasing Input Tax as Goods Received Back After Job Work.
To account for increase in input tax
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F7: Journal.
Note: You can create a journal voucher from Gateway of Tally > Display > Statutory Reports > VAT > select the VAT or CST form.
2. Click J: Stat Adjustment. In the Stat Adjustment Details screen,
o Select Type of duty/tax as VAT.
o Select Increasing Input Tax, as the Nature of adjustment.
o Select the Goods Received Back After Job Work in Additional Details section.
Note: Based on the selection made for Nature of Adjustment, the Additional Details option either appears or disappears.
o Press Ctrl+A to return to the voucher.
3. Debit the input VAT ledger. Enter the Rate, Surcharge Rate and Assessable Value in VAT Details screen. Enter the amount.
4. Debit the surcharge ledger. Enter the Rate, Surcharge Rate and Assessable Value in VAT Details screen. Enter the amount.
5. Credit the ledger grouped under Current Assets. The journal voucher appears as shown below:
6. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Increase in Input Tax (Punjab)' has been shared with