You can record any increase in output tax available as trade discount by creating a journal voucher.
To account for increase in output tax
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F7: Journal.
Note: You can create a journal voucher from Gateway of Tally > Display > Statutory Reports > VAT > select the VAT or CST form.
2. Click J: Stat Adjustment. In the Stat Adjustment Details screen,
o Select Type of duty/tax as VAT.
o Select Increase of Output Tax, as the Nature of adjustment.
o Select the Trade Discount in Additional Details section.
Note: Based on the selection made for Nature of Adjustments, the Additional Details option either appears or disappears.
o Press Ctrl+A to return to the voucher.
3. Debit the sales ledger and enter the assessable value.
4. Debit the output VAT ledger and enter the tax amount.
5. Credit the party ledger. The journal voucher appears as shown below:
6. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Journal Voucher for Increase in Output Tax (Chandigarh)' has been shared with