Using Tally.ERP 9, you can record a transaction for the purchase of exempted goods.
To record a works contract transaction
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase.
2. Enter Supplier Invoice No. and Date.
3. Select the supplier ledger in Party's A/c Name option.
4. Select the purchase ledger with Purchase Exempt as the Nature of transaction.
Note: If purchase common ledger is being used:
1. Click F12: Configure in the invoice and set the option Allow Modification of Tax Details for VAT? to Yes.
2. Select Purchase Exempt in the VAT Classification Details screen displayed on selecting the common purchase ledger.
5. Select the stock item, enter the Quantity and Rate. The amount appears automatically.
The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
6. Press Enter to accept the invoice.
'Purchase - Exempt (Kenya)' has been shared with