You can alter an existing cost centre in the single mode. Alternatively, multiple cost centres can be altered in the multiple mode, if required. Cost centres can also be deleted in the alteration mode.
To alter a cost centre
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounts Info. > Cost Centres > Alter (under Single Cost Centre).
The Cost Centre Alteration appears as shown below:
2. Make changes as required.
3. Press Ctrl+A to accept.
To delete a cost centre
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounts Info. > Cost Centres> Alter (under Single Cost Centre).
2. Select the Cost Centre from the List of Cost Centres. The Cost Centre Alteration screen appears.
3. Click D: Delete.
4. Click Enter to confirm deletion of the cost centre.
Note: You can delete a cost centre only if:
1. It does not have any Cost Centres created under it.
2. It is not used in any transactions.
'Altering a Cost Centre' has been shared with