You can manually export data to XML format file, which is stored in the default folder for Tally.ERP 9, such as C:\Tally.ERP 9. You can export your masters and transactions to the XML format file.
Some important points about exporting snapshots are:
● The export snapshot commences from the point where it had completed last.
● If snapshots have never been exported, it starts from the first transaction.
● The masters are exported first, followed by the transactions.
To export the data
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Import Data > Synchronisation > Export Snapshot . The Exchange Snapshot for Selected Rule screen appears.
2. Select Masters or Transactions in the field Export for .
3. Select the rule from the List of Rules .
4. Enter the export location or use the default export location.
5. Enter the output file name or use the default.
On exporting the data, the message appears in the Calculator panel as shown below:
You can now import this data to the server of your choice.
'Exporting Snapshot' has been shared with