You can create vouchers for purchase of items attracting tax with the VAT rates specified either at the stock item level or at the stock group level.
To record transaction of local purchase for items attracting multiple VAT rates
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchases .
2. Enter Supplier Invoice No. and Date .
3. Select the supplier ledger in Party's A/c Name field.
4. Select the common purchase ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable? is set to Applicable , and Set/Alter VAT Details? is disabled.
6. Select the common VAT ledger.
Ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the options:
● Type of duty/tax is set to VAT .
● Percentage of Calculation (eg 5)? is set to 0 .
7. Click A : Tax Analysis to display the Tax Analysis screen.
o Click F1 : Detailed to view the names of stock items. The Tax Analysis screen appears as shown below:
o Press Esc to return to purchase invoice.
The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
8. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Taxable Purchases (Puducherry)' has been shared with