You can record taxable purchases by creating a purchase voucher and including the relevant purchase ledger and common VAT ledger.
To record transaction of local purchase for items attracting multiple VAT rates
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase .
2. Enter Supplier Invoice No. and Date .
3. Select the party ledger in Party's A/c Name option.
4. Select a common purchase ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable? is set to Applicable , and Set/Alter VAT Details? is set to No .
6. Select the common VAT ledger.
Ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the options:
o Type of duty/tax is set to VAT .
o Percentage of Calculation is set to 0 .
7. Click A : Tax Analysis to display the Tax Analysis screen.
8. Click F1 : Detailed to view the names of stock items. The Tax Analysis screen appears as shown below:
9. Press Esc to return to purchase invoice. The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
10. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Taxable Purchases (Chandigarh)' has been shared with