You can enable VAT for Goa, and configure VAT details using the steps listed below. Statutory masters and reports specific to Goa are activated on enabling Value Added Tax (VAT).
To enable VAT
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > F11: Features > Statutory & Taxation .
2. Set the option Enable Value Added Tax (VAT)? to Yes .
3. Enable the option Set/alter VAT details? . The Company VAT Details screen appears as shown below:
4. Select the state as Goa from the List of States (if the state is not selected in the Company Creation screen).
5. Enter the 11 digit TIN allotted by the VAT department.
6. Enter the Interstate sales tax number , as required.
7. Enable Set/alter tax/rate details? to open the Tax/rate Details screen. A single VAT rate which can be applied for all stock items in a company, can be defined from this screen.
To provide tax details
1. Press F12: Configure in the Company VAT Details screen.
● Enable the option Set CST rate? to enter CST details.
● Enable the option Set type of goods? to identify goods as regular, Declared , Capital Goods or Industrial Inputs .
● Set the option Provide Main Commodity Name? to Yes .
● Set the option Provide commodity details? to Yes .
● Set the option Provide schedule details? to Yes to select the relevant schedules.
2. Press Enter to accept the Configuration screen, and return to the Tax/Rate Details screen.
3. Enter the CST and VAT rates in Against Form C and Tax rate fields.
4. Select the VAT Schedule and Type of Goods .
5. Enter the name of the Main Commodity , Commodity name and Commodity Code .
6. Press Ctrl+A to save, and return to the Company VAT Details screen.
8. Enable the option Define VAT commodity and tax details as masters? if separate VAT classifications have to be created for each tax rate. These classifications can be applied to ledgers, stock items or stock groups.
9. Enter additional details by enabling the option Show additional details?
To provide additional details in the Company VAT Details screen
1. Click F12: Configure .
2. Enable Show VAT applicable from? to enter the date from when VAT registration is applicable.
3. Enable Show additional details? to provide additional information.
4. Enter the Additional Information , as required. The detailed Company VAT Details screen appears as shown below:
5. Press Enter to save.
10. Press Ctrl+A to save the Company VAT Details screen.
11. Press Ctrl+A to save the Company Operations Alteration screen.
'Enabling VAT (Goa)' has been shared with