Record purchase returns in debit notes for taxable goods. Specify the VAT rate in Company Details screen.
To record a debit note for purchase return of taxable goods
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > Ctrl+F9: Debit Note .
2. Enter the Original Invoice Number and Date of the purchase invoice against which the debit note is recorded.
3. Select the required Party’s A/c Name from the List of Ledger Accounts .
4. Enter the required details in Party Details screen.
5. Select the common purchase ledger .
To create a common purchase ledger
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Info. > Ledgers > Create .
2. Enter Name of the purchase ledger.
3. Set Is VAT/CST Applicable? to Applicable .
4. Ensure that Set/Alter VAT Details? is set to No .
6. Select the required taxable stock items.
7. Enter the Quantity and Rate .
8. Select the required common VAT ledger.
● The ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the options:
o Type of Duty/Tax is set to VAT.
o Percentage of Calculation is set to zero.
9. Set the option Provide VAT Details to Yes to open the Statutory Details screen.
In the Statutory Details screen,
1. Select the required Nature of Return .
2. Enter Original inv. no. and Date .
3. Enter Suppliers Credit Note No. and Date .
4. Press Enter to save.
The debit note screen appears as shown below:
10. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Purchase Returns (Assam)' has been shared with