In Tally.ERP 9, you can record a credit note to account for sales returns within the state of Maharashtra.
To create a credit note for taxable goods
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > Crl+F8: Credit Note .
2. Enter the Original Invoice No. and Original Invoice Dt of sales invoice in their respective field.
3. Select the required Party’s A/c Name from the List of Ledger Accounts.
4. Enter the required details in Party Details screen.
5. Select the common sales ledger in Sales Ledger field .
6. Select the required nature of transaction in VAT/Tax Class.
7. Select the required taxable stock item.
Note: The stock item is not configured for tax inclusion and MRP
8. Enter the Quantity and Rate .
9. Select the required common VAT ledger grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the options,
● Type of Duty/Tax is set to VAT.
● Percentage of Calculation is set to zero.
10. Set Provide VAT Details to Yes or No as per requirement.
11. Press Enter to save.
'Sales Returns (Maharashtra)' has been shared with