In Tally.ERP 9, you can record a purchase invoice to account for purchases made from an unregistered dealer (URD), and you can pass a journal entry to account for the tax on purchase from URD.
To record purchases made from unregistered dealers
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchases .
2. Click F12: Configure to enable the required options in Voucher Configuration screen.
In the Voucher Configuration screen,
● Set the option Allow modification of Tax Details for VAT to Yes .
● Press Ctrl+A to save and return to invoice.
3. Enter the Supplier Invoice No. and Date .
4. Select the supplier ledger in Party’s A/c Name field.
5. Select a common purchase ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable is set to Applicable , and Set/Alter VAT Details is disabled.
o Select Purchase From Unregistered Dealer as Classification / Nature in the VAT Classifications Details screen.
o Press Enter to save.
6. Select the required stock items whose VAT rates are specified either at the stock group or stock item level, and enter the Quantity and Rate for stock item.
The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
7. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Purchases from URD (Gujarat)' has been shared with