In Tally.ERP 9, Job Work feature can be enabled from F11: Features .
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > F11: Features > Inventory Features
2. Set Enable job order processing to Yes.
3. On enabling Enable job order processing option, Use material in and out vouchers will set to Yes automatically.
4. Set the option Use cost tracking for stock item to Yes.
1. Enable job order processing : On enabling this feature, in Gateway of Tally under the head Transactions a new option Order Vouchers will be displayed and 2 order vouchers, Job Work In Order and Job Work Out Order will get enabled.
2. Use material in and out vouchers : Set this option to Yes , to create Material In/Out entries. On enabling this option Two Inventory Vouchers - Material In and Material Out will be available to record the material transfers.
The option Use material in and out vouchers is associated with Job order Processing. Hence the option gets enabled automatically when Enable job order processing feature is enabled and cursor will not move to Use material in and out vouchers option to change the settings.
Even though the option Use material in and out vouchers is associated with Job order Processing Tally.ERP 9 gives the flexibility to enable only Material Transfer In/Out feature without enabling Enable job order processing. The option Use material in and out vouchers can be enabled where the user wants to use Material Transfer vouchers for any other purpose than Job Work. Example: Material Transfer vouchers used for transfer of stock to Consignment Agent, Branch, inter- odown transfers etc
3. Use cost tracking for stock item : Set this option to Yes , if you want to track the cost of stock item from purchase of stock till sale. On enabling this option in Stock Item master Enable Cost Tracking field will be displayed.
For a company in which Job Order Processing is enabled the Gateway of Tally Menu appears as shown:
Many manufacturing industries fall under the purview of Excise . If Principal Manufacturer who is delegating a Job or Job Worker who is receiving Job are registered under excise to generate statutory Form & Reports have to enable Excise Feature in Tally.ERP 9.
To enable excise refer the topic Enabling Excise in Tally.ERP 9 for more details.
'Enabling Job Work in Tally.ERP 9' has been shared with