In Tally.ERP 9, you can record a sales voucher to account for a works contract transaction.
To record a works contract transaction
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales
2. Select the Party's A/c Name .
3. Select the Sales Ledger with Sales - Works Contract as the Nature of transaction.
Note: If common ledger is being used, click F12: Configure in the invoice and set the option Allow Modification of Tax Details for VAT to Yes . Select Sales - Works Contract in the VAT Classification Details screen displayed on selecting the common sales ledger.
4. Select the stock item, enter the Quantity and Rate . Amount appears automatically.
5. In the Deduction Claimed for Tax Calculation screen, enter the percentage or amount of deduction.
6. Select the VAT and additional tax ledgers.
7. Click A : Tax Analysis button to display the Tax Analysis screen.
o Click F1 : Detailed button to view the names of stock items. The Tax Analysis screen appears as shown below:
o Press Esc to return to invoice screen.
The sales invoice appears as shown below:
8. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Sales - Works Contract (Uttar Pradesh)' has been shared with