You can record works contract transaction using this procedure.
To record a works contract transaction
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales
2. Select the Party's A/c Name from the List of Ledger Accounts .
3. Select the Sales Ledger with Sales - Works Contract as the Nature of Transaction.
Note: If common ledger is being used, click F12: Configure in the invoice and set the option Allow Modification of Tax Details for VAT to Yes . Select Sales - Works Contract in the VAT Classification Details screen displayed on selecting the common sales ledger.
4. Select the stock item and enter the amount.
5. Enter the percentage or amount of deduction in the Deduction Claimed for Tax Calculation screen.
6. Select the VAT and cess ledgers.
7. Click A : Tax Analysis to display the Tax Analysis screen.
8. Click F1 : Detailed to view the names of stock items.
The Tax Analysis screen appears as shown below:
The sales invoice appears as shown below:
9. Press Enter to save.
'Sales - Works Contract (Kerala)' has been shared with