Using Tally.ERP 9, you can record a transaction for the purchase of exempted goods.
To record a works contract transaction
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase .
2. Enter Supplier Invoice No. and Date .
3. Select the supplier ledger in Party's A/c Name option.
4. Select the purchase ledger with Purchase Exempt as the Nature of transaction .
Note: If purchase common ledger is being used:
1. Click F12: Configure in the invoice and set the option Allow Modification of Tax Details for VAT? to Yes .
2. Select Purchase Exempt in the VAT Classification Details screen displayed on selecting the common purchase ledger.
5. Select the stock item, enter the Quantity and Rate . The amount appears automatically.
The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
6. Press Enter to accept the invoice.
'Purchase - Exempt (Kenya)' has been shared with