When there are additional expenses incurred such as packaging charges for a stock item, you can account them in the purchase invoice by selecting the additional ledgers.
To record purchases with additional (expense/income) ledgers
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase .
2. Enter Supplier Invoice No. and Date in the purchase invoice.
3. Select the supplier ledger in the field Party's A/c Name .
Note: Ensure the supplier's state selected is other than Odisha. Set the option Is against C Form to Yes or No , as required.
4. Select a common purchase ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable is set to Applicable , and Set/Alter VAT Details is not enabled.
5. Select the stock items whose VAT rates are specified either at the stock group or stock item level. Enter Quantity and Rate .
6. Select the expense ledger in which the option Include in assessable value calculation for is set as VAT and enter the value.
7. Select the CST ledger.
8. Click A : Tax Analysis to view the Tax Analysis screen.
o Click F1 : Detailed to view in detailed mode. The Tax Analysis screen appears as shown below:
o Press Esc to return to purchase invoice.
The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
9. Enter Narration , if required.
10. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Purchase with Additional Ledgers (Odisha)' has been shared with