You need to enable VAT in the F11: Features of your company to start using VAT features in Tally.ERP 9.
To enable VAT
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > F11: Features > Statutory & Taxation . The Company Operations Alteration screen appears as shown below:
2. Set the option Enable Value Added Tax (VAT)? to Yes .
3. Enable the option Set/alter VAT details? to open Company VAT Details and c onfigure the VAT details, as explained in the next section.
4. Enter the PAN/Income tax . no.
5. Enter the Corporate Identity No. (CIN) .
6. Press Enter to save.
1. Click F12: Configure to view the Configuration screen.
In the Configuration screen,
o Enable the option Show date from which VAT is applicable? to enter the date from when VAT is applicable.
o Enable the option Show additional details? to provide additional information.
To provide additional details in the VAT Details screen
Click F12: Configure .
Enable the option Show VAT applicable from? to enter the date from when VAT registration is applicable.
Enable the option Show additional details? to provide additional information details.
Under the Additional Information section:
Enter the Fax Number and Style of Business .
Enter the name of the Authorised Person .
Enter the Status/Designation of the authorised person.
Enter the Place of the business.
The Company VAT Details screen with all the required information appears as shown below:
Press Enter to save.
o Press Ctrl+A to accept and return to the VAT Details screen.
2. Select the state as Rajasthan from the List of States (if the state is not selected in the Company Creation screen).
3. Enter the 11 digit TIN allotted by the VAT department.
4. Enter the Inter-state Sales Tax Number , if required.
5. Enable Set/alter tax/rate details? to view the Tax/Rate Details screen. A single VAT rate for all stock items in a company can be defined in this screen.
To provide tax/rate details
1. Enable Set/alter tax/rate details? .
2. Click F12: Configure to view the Configuration screen.
3. Set the following options to Yes , if required.
o Set CST rate?
o Set type of goods?
o Provide commodity details?
o Provide schedule details?
4. Enter the required CST Rate , VAT Rate , and Other Info .
5. Click L : Details to specify different VAT rates with separate Applicable From dates.
To specify different VAT rates with separate Applicable From dates
Press L : Details to display the VAT Rate Details screen.
Enter Applicable From date.
Enter Commodity Name .
Enter Commodity Code .
Select Type of Goods .
Select schedule from the List of Schedules/Groups .
Enter the Schedule Serial No.
Enter Tax Rate . Press enter without specifying the rate to select Exempt or TaxFree in the Taxability column.
The VAT Rate Details screen appears as shown below:
The Tax/Rate Details screen appears as shown below:
6. Press Ctrl+A to accept and return to the Company VAT Details screen.
6. Set the option Enable VAT on quantity? to Yes to calculate tax at a fixed rate or on quantity for stock item .
The option to select the Calculation type appears in the VAT Details screen of stock item .
7. Enable the option Define VAT commodity and tax details as masters? if separate VAT classifications have to be created for each tax rate. These classifications can be applied to ledgers, stock items or stock groups.
8. Press Ctrl+A to accept the Company VAT Details screen.
'Enabling VAT (Rajasthan)' has been shared with