You can record transactions of local purchases for items with multiple VAT rates.
To record transaction of local purchase for items attracting multiple VAT rates
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase .
2. Enter Supplier Invoice No. and Date .
3. Select the party ledger in the field Party's A/c Name .
4. Select a common purchase ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable? is set to Applicable , and the option Set/Alter VAT Details? is not enabled.
6. Select the common VAT ledger.
The ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the options:
● Type of duty/tax is set to VAT .
● Percentage of Calculation (eg 5)? is set to 0.
7. Click A : Tax Analysis to view the Tax Analysis screen.
o Click F1 : Detailed to view in detailed mode. The Tax Analysis screen appears as shown below:
o Press Esc to return to purchase invoice.
8. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes to view the Statutory Details screen.
In the Statutory Details screen,
1. Enter the Invoice no. and Date .
2. Enter the e-Sugam Details .
o e-Sugam Number : On uploading the e-Sugam XML file generated from Tally.ERP 9 to Department website, a unique acknowledgement number gets generated. This number has to be entered here. If e-Sugam number is not entered here, cursor will skip the remaining fields of e-Sugam Details section.
o Invoice Delivery Date : The invoice date is displayed here.
o From Place : Enter the name of the place from where the goods are despatched.
o To Place (Destination) : Enter the name of the place where the goods are to be delivered.
o Category of Transactions : The category of transactions listed for e-Sugam in the department website is displayed as list of VAT Category Type . Select the required category based on the nature of transaction.
o Document Type : Select from the list of VAT Category Type . Based on the category of transaction selected, the Document Type gets populated. On selecting the following categories, two document types get displayed for selection. The required document needs to be selected here:
Note: For the category - V-G For Jobwork/Return After Jobwork/Line Sale , the document types - LJV Consignment for Sale (Receipts) and OTH Others get listed. For the category - V-K Others , the document types - LJV Consignment for Sale (Receipts), and OTH Others get listed.
o Transporter Name (Carries Name / Agent) : Enter the name of transport service used by seller to despatch goods.
o Vehicle Number (Despatch through) : Enter the vehicle number here.
o Bill of lading/LR-RR No. : Enter the bill of lading/LR-RR number.
o Quantity with Units : The quantity entered for each stock item will be captured along with the respective unit of measurement.
3. Press Enter to save, and return to sales invoice.
The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
9. Press Enter to save.
'Taxable Purchases (Karnataka)' has been shared with