You can create vouchers to record purchases from unregistered dealers (URD). Create journal vouchers to record the tax liability on purchases from URDs.
To record a purchase transaction from unregistered dealers
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase .
2. Click F12: Configure and s et the option Allow modification of Tax Details for VAT? to Yes .
3. Enter the Supplier Invoice No. and Date .
4. Select the supplier ledger in field Party’s A/c Name .
5. Select a common purchase ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable? is set to Applicable , and Set/Alter VAT Details? is not enabled.
6. Select Purchase From Unregistered Dealer as nature of transaction in the VAT Classifications Details screen , and press Enter .
8. Enter Narration , if required.
The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
9. Press Enter to save.
'Purchase from Unregistered Dealer (Madhya Pradesh)' has been shared with