You can create sales vouchers for sales of items attracting tax with the VAT rates specified either at the stock item level or at the stock group level.
To record transaction of local sales for items attracting multiple VAT rates
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales .
2. Enter Ref number, if required .
3. Select the party ledger in the field Party's A/c Name .
4. Select a common sales ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable is set to Applicable , and Set/Alter VAT Details is disabled.
6. Select the common VAT ledger.
Ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the options:
● Type of Duty/Tax is set to VAT .
● Percentage of Calculation is set to ‘ 0 ’.
7. Click A : Tax Analysis button to view the Tax Analysis screen.
o Click F1 : Detailed to view the names of stock items. The Tax Analysis screen appears as shown below:
8. Press Esc to return to Accounting Voucher Creation screen, as shown below:
9. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Taxable Sales (West Bengal)' has been shared with