Stock items are tradeable goods. You can create a stock item inventory master, and select the same in transactions. Stock items can be created with MRP applicable globally or for specific state.
To create a stock item
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Inventory Info. > Stock Items > Create .
2. Enter the Name of the stock item.
3. Select the required group in Under field. If the stock group is predefined with tax rate and commodity details, the same gets applied to the stock. If it is set to Primary , tax and commodity which are specific to the stock item can be defined.
4. Select the required unit of measurement in Units field.
5. Set the option VAT Applicable to Applicable .
6. Enable the option Set/alter VAT details if the stock item does not belong to a stock group that has predefined tax rate.
To provide additional details
1. Click F12: Configure .
2. Set the following options to Yes :
o Enable CST rate details to enter the CST rate.
o Enable commodity details to select commodity name and enter the code.
o Enable schedule details to select the schedule to which the goods belong to.
3. Enter the required CST Rate and Tax Rate .
4. Select the required Schedule .
5. Enter the required Commodity Name and Commodity Code .
6. Press Enter to save.
To enter commodity and VAT details for the stock item
1. Set the Classification option in VAT Details screen to:
o Undefined if unique tax rate and commodity details have to be defined.
o Any of the user-defined Classification . Once it is applied, rest of the options will disappear and cursor returns to Stock Item Creation screen. Click here to view the detailed procedure of creating VAT Classifications .
2. Enter the Tax Rate . If the Tax Rate entered is above '0', the Tax Type appears as Taxable. If Tax Rate is entered as '0', the Tax Type can be selected as Exempt or Tax Free .
3. Press Enter to save the VAT Details screen.
8. The Stock Item Creation screen appears as shown below:
9. Press Enter to save.
To enable MRP feature in stock item master
1. Click F12: Configure in the Stock Item Creation screen. In the configuration screen,
o Enable the option Allow MRP/Marginal for stock items? .
o Press Ctrl+A to accept the Master Configuration screen.
2. Enable Set/alter MRP details? in the Stock Item Creation screen.
3. Set the option Allow MRP modification in voucher? to Yes , to enable altering the MRP rate while recording the voucher.
4. Enter the MRP Rate . The MRP Details screen appears as shown below:
5. Press Ctrl+A to accept the item master.
To enter MRP applicable on the stock item in different states
1. Click F12: Configure in MRP Details screen of stock item master.
2. Enable option Allow state-wise MRP .
3. Enter the Applicable From date.
4. Select the State Name from the List of States .
5. Enter the MRP Rate . The MRP Details screen appears as shown below:
6. Press Enter to save.
To select the Nature of Goods
1. Click F12: Configure of VAT Details screen.
2. Set the options Enable Nature of Goods and Enable commodity details to Yes and save the configuration.
3. Select the Nature of Goods in VAT Details screen.
4. Enter the Commodity Name and Commodity Code . The VAT Details screen appears as shown below:
5. Press Enter to save.
'Creating Stock Items (Telangana)' has been shared with